Thank you for visiting
At Hanabishi, we have been serving and perfecting traditional Japanese fresh-water eel dishes, also known as unagi, for well over a century. We think unagi is best enjoyed fresh, so we make all our dishes to order so you can fully enjoy what we have to offer.
For every order, we start from the very beginning, from filleting raw unagi into portions, preparing and skewering those fillets, steaming them carefully, and finally grilling them to perfection with our famous secret sauce.
Because of this, it takes at least 40 minutes to prepare unagi so it can be enjoyed as fresh as possible. Our special Kyosui Unagi dishes take about an hour to prepare and cook. We therefore highly recommend you make a reservation specifying which order you want so you can be served as soon as you are seated.
Making a reservation
Both courses and à-la-carte orders can be reserved.
・Kyosui-unagi (No. 88-92)
- We recommend making a reservation mentioning your order at least 3 days in advance for no later than 9pm.
- Due to limited supply, we may not be able to serve Kyosui Unagi for same-day reservations and walk-in guests.
- (No. 83, 84) - Hagi Meal and Unagi-focused Course Meal: at least 3 days in advance for no later than 9pm.
- (No. 85-87) - Ran Meal, Kiwami Meal and Hanabishi Miyabi Meal: at least 7 days in advance for no later than 9pm.
Unagi is quite rare and spoils easily, so if you need to cancel, please let us know before 11am on the day of your reservation, or a 100% cancellation fee will be charged.
1F & BF Hanabishi Building,
2-16-7 Dougen-saka Shibuya ward, Tokyo
+81-3461-2622( only Japanese)
- Lunch Mon - Sat from 11:30am to 3:00pm (Last order at 2:00pm)
- Dinner from 5:00pm to 10:00pm (Last order at 9:00pm)
- Closes on Sunday and National Holidays
(in Sep. 4,11, 18,19,22,23,24,25 )
- 56 seats
(1F 10 Seats B1F 28 Seats Japanese Style Room 2-15 people)
・Cover charge will be added for dinner time
- 5% for table 10% for Japanese style room
- All price shown is tax included.(only take away 8％）
-All major credit card accepted
・Wi-Fi : Free